Thursday, December 8, 2011

H.O.W. for Christmas - Day 4

Simply getting the job is one thing, excelling in it is another. In effort to empower our clients, Dress for Success World Wide developed the Professional Women's Group (PWG) in 2001 to provide members with support, professional development and guidance necessary to be successful in their workforce.

The PWG was launched in Vancouver in 2001, and since its inception has had over 450 women go through it. The program runs for 18 months, consisting of a monthly meeting consisting of an opportunity to share their experiences, gain knowledge through professional speakers as well as establish a network of support.

Part of the PWG meeting includes a Ya Ya session where attendees can celebrate the successes they had in the past month.

My Success: Business Communication

Every time I see Lucia's [Professional Women's Group Coordinator] email, I feel so happy. I always look forward to coming - I don't want it to ever end!

I learned Business Communication, and as a result, my business is picking up. I'm so happy, and the PWG has been a big part of my success. Talking to other ladies and hearing other ladies "Ya ya" helps my work. [It was comforting] to hear that others have the same challenges and to also learn how others solve their problems and challenges help me too.

The organizers are are so lovely, cheerful and make the raining days easier for us.

M.B.


In the month of December, we will be sharing the stories, experiences and triumphs of clients who have used our programing. And during these 25 days (December 5 - 31), we are campaigning to raise enough funds to put at least 25 more women through our programming.

To give one women access to the whole suite of programs at Dress for Success Vancouver, it costs the organization approximately $150 ($12.50 a month). Help us raise $3750 by donating this holiday season or giving the gift of a donation.



No comments:

Post a Comment