Saturday, December 17, 2011

H.O.W. for Christmas - Day 15 & Update

Only 10 days left in our H.O.W. for Christmas campaign, celebrating the successes of 25 clients over 25 days (December 5-31) to raise enough funds for another 25 women to use our programming.

To date, we have raised, over $1700 and raised the equivalent of sending 12 woman through the entire suite of Dress for Success Vancouver programs.


After finding a job, you let out a a big sigh of relief - phew! its over. Imagine having to do it again, only a few months later, when a new company doesn't have the funds to continue the position.

My Success: I began my job search in mid-June and have recently secured employment with a good company.
After a long job search last year, I started a position last fall with a small, local start up company. My position ended in less than 3 months in mid-February. The company couldn't financially support my salary. After my job ended, I went into a depression and did not put out applications for 3 months. In June I started my job search and started putting applications out in my email and on-line. In July, I saw my PWG mentor and was told I was on track and doing everything right in my job search. I used the cover letter and interview skills I had learned from the DFS Career Centre in 2009.
On Friday, July 23rd, I heard from a company. They said they wanted to offer the position of Receptionist to me and the HR person went on to explain the salary and benefits. I began my new role in August.
-I.N.

In the month of December, we will be sharing the stories, experiences and triumphs of clients who have used our programing. And during these 25 days (December 5 - 31), we are campaigning to raise enough funds to put at least 25 more women through our programming.

To give one women access to the whole suite of programs at Dress for Success Vancouver, it costs the organization approximately $150 ($12.50 a month). Help us raise $3750 by donating this holiday season or giving the gift of a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment