Wednesday, December 14, 2011

H.O.W. for Christmas - Day 10

Sometimes, all it takes is that follow up phone call.

Last Friday, I was following up on a job application, which I applied for a few days ago. The HR manager told me that they have already shortlisted the candidates and that I was not one of them.

I was disappointed and asked him for feedback on my my resume. He told me that I didn't have the skills that they were looking for. Upon hearing that I immediately directed him to review my resume which had the skills that was overlooked. In addition, I explained to him the transferable skills that I have and how I can add value to his company. After having spoken to him for about 10 minutes, to my surprise, he told me that he was going to include me as one of the shortlisted candidates.

I am really pleased that I succeeded in changing his mind and that I have such a high convincing power and capable of "marketing" myself!

- L.L.

In the month of December, we will be sharing the stories, experiences and triumphs of clients who have used our programing. And during these 25 days (December 5 - 31), we are campaigning to raise enough funds to put at least 25 more women through our programming.

To give one women access to the whole suite of programs at Dress for Success Vancouver, it costs the organization approximately $150 ($12.50 a month). Help us raise $3750 by donating this holiday season or giving the gift of a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment