Thursday, July 11, 2013

Volunteer Spotlight: Katherine Grant, Volunteer extraordinaire & shoe-a-holic



Name:
 Katherine Grant

How long have you volunteered at DFS Vancouver?
I have been volunteering on all the fundraising events for Dress for Success Vancouver for 9 years!


What role do you do?
I own an Audio Visual staging and presentation company, so I provide all the AV equipment, create the onscreen content, write the scripts and speeches and stage manage the events.  I also produce the collateral material (logo’s, posters, invitations, tickets) as required.  I try to introduce as many of my clients to Dress for Success Vancouver so they may become sponsors as well! I politely (but with determination) get all my friends to support Dress for Success Vancouver by getting them to attend all the events, donating clothing and spending money at the silent auctions.  They are wonderful friends!!!

What is the best thing about volunteering here? Any memorable moments?
I am so blessed to have met and made friends with these wonderful women!  Val, Deb, Lucia, Jennifer and Christina have enriched my life and made me even more grateful for how lucky I am. And Sandy!!! He is the best!  The entire staff and volunteers are angels! Too many to mention… Sara, Veronica, Virginia, plus 300 more!

What do you do with your time when not volunteering at DFS Vancouver?
I golf, read, travel, paint watercolours and occasionally work a 60 hour week, (ha – every week is a 60 hour week). I never sleep. And I drink too much coffee.

Who is your style icon?
I love Joseph Ribkoff.  They are beautiful, quirky, colourful clothes that fit like a dream! And anything made by Nine West or Aldo. I have a terrible shoe addiction and am too embarrassed to say how many pairs I own (103!). 

Dream vacation?
Last year I went on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth.  It was inspiring and so far, hard to top.

What is your motto?
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."- Mother Teresa 

No comments:

Post a Comment