Thursday, June 6, 2013

Employee Spotlight: Christina Florencio, Marketing & Sponsorship Manager



Name: Christina Florencio


What is your role? Marketing & Sponsorship Manager since Novemeber 2012

Volunteer since: 2009

What is the best thing about working here? Working with inspiring people: my co-workers and board members, the volunteers, our donors and sponsors and most of all, our clients. I see the most powerful transformations everyday. It is so rewarding.

Can you share a memorable moment? My most memorable moment was my first shift as a make up artist and I applied make up on a client that was trying to change her life around. She was a crystal meth addict for over 20 years and her face lit up the moment she saw herself in the mirror. It was such an empowering moment for the both of us.

What do you do with your time outside of the 9-5 with DFS Vancouver? I dance with a Filipino Cultural Dance group and I enjoy dancing Flamenco. You can also find me walking/biking the seawall or enjoying a delicious meal at a neighbourhood hole in the wall or at the newest resto in town, usually paired with a big glass of wine or craft beer.

Who is your style icon? Jennifer Lopez

My dream vacation would be... Bora Bora, French Polynesia

My motto is: A girl's gotta eat

No comments:

Post a Comment