Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Volunteer Spotlight: Catherine Palmer, Pink Room Princess

Name: Catherine Palmer
Before retirement: I had a career in administration - legal, small business, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Canada
Been volunteering since: 2010
What is your role? I am a stylist/sorter/merchandiser/Pink Room (sorting room) expert
The best thing about volunteering is: knowing that a job I love doing benefits women
What are some of your memorable moments?
  • Dressing a reluctant client who had been sent by her agency, sending her away looking great, feeling surprised and happy
  • Getting to the bottom of the Pink Room "mountain" - twice!
  • Being interviewed with Trude for TELUS TV

When I'm not at Dress for Success Vancouver, I ...Volunteer with RVYC, make quilts, and spend time on our sailboat 
Who is your Style Icon? Any classically elegant woman
My dream vacation would be...To have enough time and funds to pack up and go wherever and whenever I like.
My motto is: "Princess Package"

No comments:

Post a Comment