The afternoon began with a champagne tasting and mystery auction. Prizes included a Lia Sophia Jewelry set valued at $500, a Tory Burch purse, generously donated by Holt Renfrew, a For Better or For Worse Prize Pack and a gift certificate from West Restaurant!
Dress for Success World Wide CEO Joi Gordon flew in from New York for this event and shared her story of her passion for the organization that began 14 years ago while For Better or For Worse Cartoonist Lynn Johnston shared her story via live illustration! Lastly, Maria Amestoy, a Dress for Success Vancouver client, shared her journey with the attendees.
Plum Clothing - “Greatest Overall Sponsorship & Support"
- For 14 years, this company has not only financially supported every single event, but has donated clothing, time and considerable expertise to success of the organization. As a matter of record, their locations acted as the drop point for clothing donation for the first 6 years of our operation.
|Katie O'Brien and Ed Des Roches of Plum with Dress for Success Vancouver Chair, Cindy Kaczmarek|
Mills Basics - “Greatest Contribution - Financial and In Kind”
- For the past 10 years this company has provided Dress for Success all of our office and stationary supplies, a huge donation. They have held suit drives, provided event sponsorship and associated public exposure. The have always been there for intellectual support and most importantly, they hire our clients!
Second Stage Management - “Greatest In-Kind Sponsorship”
- For 7 years, our Impact event has been successful because of the good will of this company. Impact is our largest fundraising and highest profile event and has become a fixture in the Vancouver calendar. Beyond the Impact event, they have found us photographers, designers, printers, donations, sponsors and partners beyond what we have found otherwise.
4. Tracey Theemes - Sophia Financial Group - “Greatest Individual Contribution”
- This woman has created and hosted “Wealth Academy for Women”, a major contribution to the financial health of the organization and the intellectual wealth of Dress for Success clients, and hundreds of other women throughout the lower mainland - for 5 consecutive years. Her efforts have not only served to directly impact the lives of women though her knowledge, freely given, but has impacted Dress for Success Vancouver with the gift of an excess of $20,000.
|Lynn Johnston of For Better or For Worse|
|Joi Gordon, CEO of Dress for Success World Wide|
|In the Spanish Ballroom at the Hotel Rosewood Georgia|
|Special Thanks to:|
And huge thanks to everyone who attended, making our first Recognition Luncheon a success!
For more photos, visit us on Flickr.